Delicious and simple recipe. It is a must dish for Ramadan.More Receipes.....
- Salt to taste
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add salt. Add the flour into the water and cook over a simmering flame.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Knead to a smooth dough, free of lumps.
- Make 30 – 35 g balls from the basic dough.
- Roll out as thin as possible (1mm).
- Cut the pathiri using cutter into rounds of 5 inches diameter.
- Cook on a hot griddle with out changing the colour. Serve hot.
- Make balls weighing 110-125 g from the basic dough.
- Roll out into pathiris of 5 inches diameter.
- Place between two banana leaves and cook on a medium hot griddle.
- Remove the banana leaf before serving.
- Make small pellets of 1 cm diameter from the basic dough.
- Press between the thumb and forefinger into small circles of 1.5 cm diameter.
- Steam for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with fish or chicken curry.