Sambar Sadam - This rice for sure will tickle the taste buds of all sambar lovers.
- Rice - 1 Cup
- Coriander powder - ½ tbspn
- Chillie powder - ½ tbspn
- Sambar powder - 2 Tbspns
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind as big as a lime the Juice extracted
- Ghee for Frying
- Mustard seeds – ½ - ¾ tspn
- Curry Leaves - few
- Asafoetida - a big pinch
- Cashew nuts – 2 tbspns broken pieces
- Sambar Onions – ½ a cup
- Coriander leaves chopped.
- Ghee 2 –3 tbps melted & poured on top
- Wash Rice & Dhal, drain away all the water, to the Rice/Dhal mixture add the Turmeric pwd., Coriander pwd., Chillie pwd, Sambar pwd, & Salt.
- Extract the juice from the Tamarind & mix with the quantity of water to be added to the Dhal/Rice mixture.
- Pour this water into the Dhal/Rice Mixture & cook in Pressure cooker for 10/12 minutes.
- Add Ghee in the Pan & fry the Sambar Onions, as it’s getting brown add the Mustard Seeds Cashew nuts,Curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the Sambar Bath. Sprinkle with chopped Coriander Leaves.