Makes 30 Nuchhina Undes Cooking Time: 30
Nuchhina Unde is a healthy, filling snack, and quite versatile too. You could either serve it as is, or drop it in a curry to add zing to the dish. It is typically added to magige huli and sambars.
- 3-4 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2-3 tbsp chopped dill leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ½ cup chopped onion (optional: This is usually skipped during festivals)
- A pinch of asafetida
- Salt to taste
- Soak toor dal for 2-3 hours.
- Add green chilies and grind it coarsely without water.
- Mix in coconut, coriander, dill, asefotedia, ginger and salt.
- Make oval patties about 2" in diameter and steam for 7-8 minutes on high heat.
- Serve hot with ghee and curds.