Gooseberry pickle in Kerala style
- Gooseberry - 3 lb
- Fried fenugreek powder - 4 dsp
- Asafoetida powder - 2dsp
- Mustard - 1 1/2 dsp
- Curry leaves
- Salt - 1 dsp
- Gingelly oil - 1 bottle
- In a thava, fry thegooseberries each time in 4 oz. Of the oil.
- When they are soft to the touch, remove from fire.
- Mix all the ingredients along with salt.
- Heat the remaining oil, crackle the mustard and curry leaves and pour into the gooseberries.
- Put them in jars.
- Those who like the masala to be sour, can add a cup of vinegar also.