Potato stew can be made with either boiled or raw potato. You could even microwave the potato for 10 minutes with half a cup of water before using it.
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds begin to pop, add onions, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies and fry until the onion is soft.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and potatoes and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. (If you are using raw potatoes, add a little water, and simmer until the potatoes are cooked).
- Mash 2 pieces of potato with the ladle and let it mix in the curry. This thickens the curry. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve hot.