An Yummy Vegetable Biriyani.
- 4 glasses (250 ml each) Basmathi rice washed one to two times in cold water
- 2 tea spoons Ginger & Garlic paste
- 10-12 small Green Chillies
- 6-8 Cloves
- Small piece of Cinnamon
- 1 Big Onion (cut into long thin slices)
- 1 Carrot (cut into small cubes)
- 1 Potato (cut into medium size cubes)
- 1 Tomato (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup Beans
- A bunch of Mint leaves (optional)
- 4 table spoons cooking Oil
- Pour 4 table spoons of cooking oil into a pressure cooker large enough for the preparation (and well cleaned of course) and heat.
- Add chillies, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon first.
- Add the long thin slices of onion with a pinch of turmeric powder and fry till light golden brown.
- Now add all the vegetables (carrot, potato and beans) and keep frying for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 2 spoons of ginger and garlic paste and add the prewashed rice.
- Mix all the ingredients for about 1 minute.
- Add 4 1/2 glasses (250 ml each) of water to this mixture and add salt to your taste (generally 3 to 4 tea spoons).
- If you wish to add mint leaves, you may add them now.
- Let this simmer on the stove for about 20 minutes with the lid closed (but without the weight).
- Check preparation every five minutes or so that the water does not dry up.
- One the water is completely absorbed and the rice is well cooked, the BIRIYANI is ready.