Ethakka Sukian is a very tasty snack made of Banana (Ethakka), grated coconut and sugar.
- Ripe bananas (medium size) - 4;
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Flour - 1/4 cup
- Salt water - 1/2 tsp
- Soda bi-carb - 1 pinch
- Dalda or coconut oil for frying
- Boil bananas, peel and remove middle cord. Cut into pieces and take 2 cups full.
- Put the bananas, two dsp, sugar, quarter cup grated coconut and one spoon ghee, in a pan and place on fire.
- Stir well for sometime till it is dry. Sift together the rice flour and the flour through a fine sieve and keep in a bowl.
- Add half cup water to the remaining coconut and take one extraction. Strain and add it to the remaining coconut and take one extraction.
- Strain and add it to the flour with one dsp. Sugar and salt. Make a thick batter.
- Add only very little bicarbonate of soda, otherwise the batter will absorb a lot of oil.
- If the batter is too thick, add a little more water. The banana mixture when cold, should be formed into lime sized balls.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan, and when it boils, dip each banana ball in the batter and deep fry golden brown.