tasty & easy to cook, adults and kids love this!
- Vermicelli(Semiya) - 2 cups (broken into small pieces)
- Ghee or butter - 5 tbsp
- Onion(medium) - 1 no
- Ginger - 1/2" piece
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Red chillies(Kollamulaku) - 2 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt - As reqd
- Water - 2 cups
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Chop onion, ginger and green chillies into small pieces.
- Fry vermicelli in 2 tbsp of butter/ghee.
- Remove it from pan and keep it aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee or butter in the same pan.
- Add mustard seeds and when they crackle, add chopped onions, green chillies, dry red chillies, ginger and curry leaves.
- Fry, till the onions turn brown.
- Add water along with sugar and salt.
- Allow it to boil.
- When it starts to boil, add fried vermicelli, stirring continuously.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low flame, till vermicelli is soft and almost all water has dried up.
- Add coconut and stir for 2 mins. Serve hot alone or with ripe banana.