Tomato Rice - Simple, Easy and Tasty Rice recipe.
- Rice - 1 cup
- Toor dal - 1/4 cup
- Tamarind juice - 1 cup
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 2 small pieces
- Red chilli - 2
- Coconut grated - 4 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Oil and Salt
- Wash and clean the rice and toor dal and cook it together in a pressure cooker.
- Heat the pan, add urad dal, channa dal, cloves, cinnamon, red chilli, cardamom
- and fry until the urad dal becomes golden color.
- Let it cool and grind this in the blender to make masala powder, keep it aside.
- Blend all the tomato in the blender and make tomato paste.
- Heat the pan, add tamarind juice and blended tomato.
- Let it boil and add coriander powder, salt and turmeric powder, let it boil for 5 min.
- Then add the powdered masala and let it boil in the medium heat until it becomes thick gravy.
- Heat the pan with the oil and add mustard seed and curry leaves and fry for a min.
- Add this to the rice along with the gravy and mix well.