An Yummy dish.
- Potato - 2 Nos (Medium size)
- Small onions - 100 gram
- Grated Coconut - 2-1/2 cup
- Green Chillies cut into round - 2nos
- Tamarind -
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Oil - 2tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli - 2 nos
- Slice the potatoes in to 1/2 length size.
- Clean the small onions and cut it into lengthy pieces.
- Fry the grated coconut, coriander powder and chilli powder without using oil.
- Saute it well till the mixture gets coffee brown colour.
- Finely grind the mixture without using water and set aside.
- Put potatoes and small onions in a vessel and allow it to get half boiled.
- Then add the finely ground coconut mixture and keep it in medium flame for 6-7 minutes and set aside.
- Add tamarind pulp and salt and keep stirring.
- Take a pan and season with mustard seeds, red and green chilies and curry leaves.
- Pour it in on top of the prepared Theeyal.