A very simple & tasty Mango preparation.
- Medium size salt mango - 100 nos
- Gingelly oil - 1 cup
- Mustard - 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1 dsp
- Dry chilli split into 2 pieces - 25 nos (without seeds)
- Red chilli powder - 3/4 cup
- Asafoetida sauted in gingelly oil and powdered - 3 dsp
- Salt - 1/2 kg
- Heat 1cup gingelly oil and season the mustard and fenugreek.
- Add turmeric powder and dry chillies and saute in a low flame.
- Remove from fire and add all the other ingredients, except mango.
- When cool, apply the masala on the mangoes and store them one above the other in a dry mud vessel.
- Pour boiled and cooled water.
- The water level should be above the mangoes.
- This pickle can be used after 4 or 5 days.