Achappam are a lovely cross between a rose and a snowflake and would be a beautiful addition to your Christmas table no matter where you live.
- 4 cups Rice
- 1/4 litre Milk
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- Coconut oil As required
- Wash and soak the rice for two hours.
- Grind the rice with milk to a thick batter.
- Beat the eggs thoroughly and add to the batter along with sugar and the cardamom powder.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and dip the achchappam mould in it for a minute.
- Dip the mould into the batter and then dip it in the hot oil.
- Fry along with the mould.
- Tap the mould for the appam to separate.
- Repeat the same till the batter is over.