Serves as a relishing accompaniment for digestion.
- Curd or buttermilk - 1 litre (fairly thick)
- Coconut grated - 1/2 cup
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Red chilli (dried ones) - 3
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek -1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves (karivepila) - 1 sprig
- Mix the buttermilk to a smooth consistency.
- Grind coconut, garlic, jeera, turmeric, into a fine paste and mix the buttermilk along with it.
- Remember to keep the flame at the lowest and Keep stirring till butter milk is fairly warm. Never let it boil.
- Take a pan add oil. When the oil is heated splutter mustard seeds.
- Add finely chopped onions and ginger.
- When brown add fenugreek and red chilli.
- When it splutters add curry leaves.
- Remove from fire and pour into the butter milk.
- Once cooled considerably, add the salt.