- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1" piece of ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 9-10 Curry leaves
- ½ cup coconut milk (optional)
- Soak the black gram overnight and pressure-cook for 10 minutes with salt and enough water.
- Take 2 tbsp of the cooked black gram, mash lightly and put it back into the curry.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add mustard.
- When the mustard begins to splutter, add the onion, garlic, ginger and curry leaves and stir on medium flame until soft.
- Add the spices and stir well.
- Add the cooked black gram and coconut milk.