- 2 cups Rice (for 8 no.s)
- ½ cup Coconut water
- 5 tsp Sugar
- A pinch of Baking soda
- ½ cup Grated coconut
- A pinch of Salt
Preparation Method :-
- Add 2 tsp sugar to the coconut water and keep for about 10 hrs to allow fermentation.
- Grind the soaked rice
- Take one heaped tsp of this mix, add 5 tsp water and cook it on slow fire till it thickens. Let it cool.
- Grind this and the soaked rice with coconut and the fermented coconut water to a very smooth paste. Keep aside for 12 hrs.
- Add a pinch of baking soda, salt and rest of the sugar, and make a somewhat thick batter by adding enough water.
- Heat a karahi, apply oil, add a ladleful of the batter, spread it to round and cover with a lid.
- Cook on a low flame and serve with kadala (black channa) curry or vegetable stew.