- 3 potatoes
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 10-12 cauliflower florets
- ½ cup chopped beans
- ½ cup peas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk (or 1 cup thick ready-to-use coconut milk)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½" piece ginger, minced
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop the potatoes and carrots into small cubes.
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil, and add the carrots and potatoes. Add salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the cauliflower, beans and peas.
- Simmer until potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add garlic and ginger.
- Add onion, green chili and curry leaves once the garlic is light brown.
- Cook on low heat until the onion is soft, and then add the boiled vegetables along with the water.
- Add coconut milk and stir.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes and take off heat.
- Serve hot.