An Yummy and Healthy vegetable side dish for Onam, Thiruvathira and Lunch.
- Cheera/Spinach chopped fine - 5 cups
- Grated coconut - 2 1/2 cups
- Shallots chopped - 10
- Green chillies chopped - 5
- Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Salt - to taste
- Coconut Oil as needed
- Grate coconut finely or beat in the food processor keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds into it.
- Allow it to splutter, then add curry leaves, stir and add the shallots, turmeric powder, green chillies, jeera and garlic.
- Saute for sometime. Add chopped spinach. Stir for a few minutes. Add salt, stir and cook until all the water evaporates and thoran becomes dry. Serve with rice.