A colourful , yummy savoury dish!
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp chilly powder
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 4 dried red chillies, broken
- Roughly grind together coconut, cumin seeds, curry leaves and garlic. This grinding is typically done using a stone mortar and pestle, but an electric mixer might also be used.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and broken red chilies.
- When the mustard splutters, add the vegetable.
- Sauté on high fire for the first minute, and then cook on low heat until done.
- Add turmeric and chili powder, mix and then add the ground coconut.
- Take off heat, mix lightly and cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix well and serve.