A very simple & tasty rice preparation.
- Basmati Rice 2 cups
- Chilly sauce- 2 tsp
- Aginomotto-1 pinch (optional)
- cooking oil- 1/4 cup
- salt-to taste
- Wash rice with plenty of water, drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir in rice. Fry till the grains become semi crisp ( do not over fry).
- Add two cup of water,enough salt cover and cook till the rice is done.Grains should be seperate.
- Usually cokking in 2cups of water does a nice job of that.
- Spread the cooked rice on a plate and let it cool down.
- Heat oil in athick bottomed pan and saute onions, and garlic.
- Add the vegetables,salt and saute.
- When the vegetables are half done add the sauces and stir in the cooked rice.
- Cook for five more minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from fire, and
- serve decorated with thin shreds of cabbage and scrambled egg.