- Karinaran ga / vadukapuli - 1 small, cubed
- Green chillies - 4 - 5 , sliced to rounds
- Garlic - 10 - 15, small cloves
- Hing / asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Gingelly oil (nallenna) - 1.5 tbsp
Heat gingelly oil in a pan and splutter mustards. Add the garlic cloves and saute until they turn light brown. Now add the cubed lemon pieces, green chillies and curry leaves. Give it a stir and add around 1 cup water. Bring it to a boil and add the chilly powder, fenugreek powder, salt and hing. Stir well and cook for a few more minutes. Switch off when the gravy thickens. Cool down and store in a bottle. You can use it right away but remember to use a dry spoon while serving. It will keep for 2 - 3 weeks in a refrigerator.