A nice accompaniment for savoury lunches.
- Drumstick (Muringakkai) - 12
- shallots (chuvannuli) - ½ cup cut into small pieces
- Turmeric powder - ½ teaspoon
- Jeera powder - One pinch
- Oil - 2 table spoon
- Mustard - ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves - One sprig
- Salt to taste
- Cut drumstick lengthwise into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Mix it with green chilli, shallots, grated coconut, jeera, turmeric, curry leaves and salt. Mix them well and keep it for 30 seconds.
- Heat oil in a separate pan, splutter mustard and put the mixture into it and mix with oil. Cover it with a lid and cook it using low flame for 6 minutes.
- When it is cooked stir well again for 2 minutes and remove from the flame.