100 gm: Ash gourd
100 gm: Pumpkin
4-5: Green chillies (split the edge)
1 tbs: Red gram dal (soaked in the water for about 6 hours)
½ no: Grated coconut (Squeeze out 1/4cup: of the milk from the coconut without adding water. Take one more cup: of milk from the coconut)
1 tbs: Coconut oil
1sprig: Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Prepration Method :
- Remove the covering of the ash gourd and pumpkin and cut it into small pieces.
- Cook the vegetables and red gram dal in water. Add enough salt and the green chillies.
- When it is done, add 1cup coconut milk and boil.
- When it thickens well, add 1/4cup coconut milk. Bring to a boil and remove from fire.
- Add 1tbs coconut oil and the curry leaves and mix well.